Obscure bands

Does anyone know a band called City Boy? (70's/80's)Very obscure and very original. It's beyond Me how such great talent goes so unnoticed! Also please chime in on other obscure talented musicians.

128x128arcam88
loomis:  If you like the Spinanes,  you will likely enjoy a lot of Riot Grrl bands.  Frogpond in particular, The Amps, and 100 Watt Smile should ring your bell.  Looker is more recent, but excellent in this genre.  The Dishes is a great B-52s style band with original material.  There are so many bands from the 1990s and on that flew mostly under the radar.  A good internet radio station and Pandora are good ways to explore.  Start on Pandora with something like 100 Watt Smile, and you should end up hearing all sorts of great bands that you might never have heard of.   
Love Terry Reid, and actually have an old Shonen Knife record. The Terry stuff I still listen to- haven't pulled out that Knife record since what- the '80s? 

whart
900 posts
05-18-2016 9:48am
"Love Terry Reid, and actually have an old Shonen Knife record. The Terry stuff I still listen to- haven’t pulled out that Knife record since what- the ’80s?"

Terry Reid is apparently still going strong, judging from his youtube vids. Knock on wood. The Shonen Knife CD to get if you ask me is Let’s Knife. Classic punk or whatever. :-)

Iko-Iko out of Miami. They're well known there, but everywhere else would qualify as obscure. They've been through many incarnations, some better than others, but they keep coming back with new crew and new tunes. 

Two of their CDs I can highly recommend, "Protected by Voodoo" and "Shine",