Proac D48R

Proac owners, I need advice for a integrated amp for the Proac D48Rs. I listen mostly to classic rock an jazz. My budget is 5k new or used market.
128x128heinrichmilw
Over the last 15 years I have owned Proac's. I had the response 5's powered by BAT tubed mono's then the BAT 250wpc SS amp. Loved those combo's but felt the 5's were a little too big so I sold everything and got the 1sc's and a Cary 300sei which was midrange magic. I lived with that combo for about 5 years and sold the Cary and replaced it with a Classe 100wpc SS amp. That combo was nice but as my music preference changed I felt the need for a deeper bottom end. One of my closest friends is a Proac dealer so I (for the last couple of months) started researching the new Proac line. I was torn between the D48r and the D30r. My room is aprox. 28'L x 17'W x 8'H. I was looking for that Proac midrange with a deep controlled bass. I finally decided on the D30r's (I was so worried they wouldn't have the bass I was seeking). I have had the D30r's now for 2 weeks and am totally blown away with them. They have the lush midrange and great soundstage of the 1sc's with the best, deepest and most controlled bass I have ever had. I have a Classe front end, Marantz preamp, Classe 100wpc SS amp with Nordost PC's, IC's and SC's. I couldn't be more happy. I think the D48r's would have been too big for me and my room. My musical tastes are R&B, jazz and some rock/blues....Ron
Ron,
Congratulations on the new ProAcs. I would love top see the D30R loudspeakers in your system. Care to post some pictures so that I can drool over?
Thanks!
:-)
Ron,

Glad to hear you are happy with your Proac D-30 r speakers. A really great sounding speaker, and system as well, I am sure.
milpai and jperry, You both have amazing looking systems. I still have a long way to go with the new Proac's. I am just reaching the 100 hr mark and have yet to find the right placement and spike them. Milpai I see you use Herbie's audio lab dbNeutralizer base pads. I used the big fat dots between my 1sc's and my speaker stands and liked them, do you recommend the dbNeatralizers? I have hardwood floors and have always used spikes and cups but recently talked to another Agoner who recommended Soundcare superspikes which are spikes with a  polycarbonate material used instead of a cup.... jperry, I think the Proac/Nordost combo sounds so right. I remember my 1st CES and seeing and hearing Lars demo the Nordost line. I was so taken with their open, fast, clean and natural sound I have been using Nordost ever since. I use sort kones, Valhalla (V1) PC's, Valhalla IC's and a Qbase 4. My speaker cables are are old white lightning cables from my home theater set up. I thought I would let the system break in and then fine tune it with a speaker cable upgrade at that time. I see you live in Arizona. My son is a junior at ASU in Tempe.... I have a lot of work to do on my system and  when I get a little further along I will take some photo's and post them. Thanks for your input. Ron
Ron,

Send me a private e-mail if you are in Phoenix. Great to hear your son is at ASU. I am an ASU alumni. I use Nordost sort fut under my D-40r and found them be a significant improvement over the stock spikes. Expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

Best Regards,

Jim Perry