Tube Phono Stage

Hello Friends
I need a new phono stage, to replace the solid state phono stage, that I have now, whitch I find 50%, of my recordings, can at times, sound's a bit bright, don't get me wrong, we talking about great bass, and I have good ears, as I have a fantastic tube intergrated amp, my system will tell me what is a great sounding LP, and I mean great!!, but then, If I put a poor LP, on it will tell me, it is over produced, sounding a bit harsh, I have done a bit of research, I have came up with two, tube phono stages, within My budget, yeh  I know there are mega buck phono stage's, out there, and most don't come with cartridge loading, on the fly, or rca loading at the rear!!, the two I can come up with are as follows:
1. Decware ZP3, phono stage, with the ZMC1 "sut"
2. Tavish design, Adagio phono stage, with a "sut", built with a seperate power supply, with a price of around the same!!
Yes I want, to open a can of worms!!
What should I go for??
I look foward to your responce
Regards
David
128x128daveyonthecoast

Well executed modern tube based phono stages nor most any other tube application, does not result in any significant reduction in treble  or "roll off".

I don't know the units you are interested in so I will leave it at that.

There is an Allnic 1201, held in high esteem by it's owners, available on Audiogon right now. Asking price $2100.
Despite the can opening, all suggested phono stages are certainly good "worms" here.

I know I said I would leave it at that,..... but I took a look at the Tavish Design Adagio.  I was impressed with their use of 5751s.  That tube is a favorite of mine that I roll in many 12AX7 positions.  In general they are quiet and have great imaging ability.  It is pretty uncommon  to find 5751s in commercial applications for some reason outside of Conrad Johnson who have used 5751s for decades. 

Frank Van Alstine used 5751's in his Dynaco PAS redesign he offered back in the 80's. A little less gain than the 12AX7, but quieter. I don't know if he still modifies that pre-amp, or makes a similar one of his own.