Is there a way to improve the sound?

I recently spent a lot of money on a Naim NDS and server.  I rip CDs and listen to music stored on a separate hard drive.  The sound seems inferior as compared to my Bryston CD player.  Do I need to add something?

nmaudlin295n
Thanks for your question Kenny.  I must admit I do not know the answer to it.  I am an older audiophile, and I listen to records and formally CD's though the Bryston.  I thought digital was the future, and would lead closer to the "absolute sound."  The whole system was set up by the dealer.  If you do not mind, how woul I find out?  

PC: explorer > click on a ripped file > right click > properties
Mac: Finder > click on a ripped file > right click(2finger click on pad) > get info

You should avoid iTunes for ripping, use free XLD app on mac or someone else can suggest for windows. Always rip losslessly to AIFF or FLAC.
Use a tagging programs like MP3tag on windows or Yate on Mac to makes sure your discs have all the metatags(e.g. artist/album/title/artwork) you need.
Read the archives, this stuff has been explained SO MANY times. Youtube has video examples of people doing it all. Cheers,
Spencer
Personally, I would not expect very good sound from CD-level formats (or below). I had my "digital" period but I much prefer vinyl. So perhaps you should reconsider the strategy. If Naim can do DSD or hi-res PCM you are closer to a good solution, I would think.
The NDS works much better with files ripped and stored as WAV files.  I heard a comparison of WAV and FLAC ripped from the same CD and the WAV files actually sounded a little bit better.  NAIM's dedicated ripper, the Uniti, rips to WAV.