Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
rinpoche

For clarity, the Crystal Cables you have then are speaker cables? What interconnects did the dealer use when you auditioned the JRs?
Yes, I have Crystal 'Diamond' speaker cable and a power cord. I am sorry I don't know exactly what cables (speaker or interconnects) were used. Maybe be 'Transparent'? I don't know but I can ask. I believe the interconnects to the JR were balanced. 

Also, pokey77 — love all the musical suggestions. Joshua Judges Ruth is fabulous and so is Jeff Buckley's Grace. Every track you suggest!!! Lilac Wine is amazing. 
Hi Rinpoche,

Regarding interconnects, if I recall correctly all of the equipment possibilities that have been mentioned would be suitable for use with balanced XLR interconnects.  While opinions about cable selection tend to be all over the map, as you may have seen in any number of other cable-related threads, FWIW my suggestion is that initially, at least, you simply purchase some inexpensive Mogami Gold Studio balanced cables.  And who knows, despite their modest price you may find them to be suitable for use permanently. 

Those cables, by the way, are the de facto interconnect of choice in professional recording studios worldwide.

Best,
-- Al

Cables are about system synergy...no such animal as the best. I have an all Jeff Rowland system driving Monitor Audio PL500's and I use Wireworld Platinum interconnect and power cables. I use Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 speaker cable. There are too many possible combinations, so try a couple and choose what sounds best to your ears.