Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche

Hi rinpoche, I echo the recommendation to postpone any cable quest until you have selected your amplifier and broken it in to perfection. If you fiddle with cables prior to the equipment having stabilized completely, you are bound to get results that are as bizarre as they are fleeting.

Meantime, your Crystal cables are very fine wires... They will constitute a stable platform onto which to baseline your eventual wiring quest.

Best,  

rinpoche;

For what it is worth, I have Silnote IC & digitals in all 3 of my systems - Morpheous in my headphone system, Posiedon in my 2nd system, Posiedon & Orion in my main system. Musical to my ears in all cases, may or may not be for you but a possible consideration. Good luck with the rest of your search

Thanks! The suggestion is for an interconnect which I don't have. I will keep the Crystal Cables for now. Used is a good way to go. Maybe once I know what amp I am getting we can talk interconnects? Gotta hook the Aeris to the Amp. A short run overall. 
Great Paco de Lucia flamenco guitarist played custom Conde guitars, and I can see why. The Conde is fast precise and balanced with brilliant high frequences. The Montero is warmer deeper and more sophisticated. I would take the Montero any day.
My final piece of advice could be this - do not listen to LAMM or close to top of the line VAC unless you consider them for the future. If you do you may not want anything less. I think, used pre/power amps from LAMM would cost at least $20K, and this would not be his best. Perhaps much older models could be found for $10k - $12K for both.