tube monoblocks and preamp recommendations

I have recently acquired a set of Altec Model 19s. In my mind, these would be great with tube monoblocks and a preamp.  I would like to keep modern conveniences in mind(remote, input for downloaded/streaming content).  I value any advice thrown my way.  Ideally, I would like to keep below $5,000 but understand I may have to pay more for something that is not integrated.  Thanks all!
harle
The Altec is a high efficient type speaker so I don't think you will need globs of power. You should give Mike a call at QS and see what he recommends. BTW, years ago I used the Mid Mono's ( 50 watt) with low efficient Spendor's and they worked just fine!
If you finally want yo see what a Single Ended preamp sounds like without breaking the bank ,and Remote controlled options and a choice of 2 different 
DIRECT  Heated Triode https://simplepleasuretubeamps.wordpress.com/ preamplifiers. I bought a deluxe all Lundahl transformer based model .
This I can guarantee nothing but yhe best parts used money can buy to complement the superior craftsmanship. Check it out p..sent
If uou wanted to see my preamp and build let me know I will send you a few pictures. If this were CJ made or AR it would be 4X that without question.
While it's not a mono block amplifier, the stereo McIntosh MC240 paired with Altec 19 is a classic combo. 
I have a pair of diy model 19's, with gpa 416 drivers and crossovers, 811 horns and vintage 802g drivers.
I have had everything on them w5m mono blocks , st70 dynamo and ss macintosh, it all sounds fantastic with a pair of 19's.
I don't know if they can sound bad with any decent amp driving them.
They really need very little power to put out massive amounts of good sound.

Thank you all for the very informative posts. 

For whatever reason, I saw horn and completely blocked the other options from QS out of my line of sight.  But there they are with several power levels.  I do not see where audible illusions makes tube amps, but I assume I don't necessarily have to stay with the same brand for amps and preamps.

https://simplepleasuretubeamps.wordpress.com/

This site is so over my head, I struggle to navigate the webpage.  I'm afraid I may have been more ignorant than initially expected.

I am not familiar with the single ended amps and have only picked up limited information from my lurking.  It seems the general idea is these guys can be powered with minimal (<5 watts) efficiently.  That blows my mind.  But will they get loud if it needs to get loud.  Currently, these speakers are set up in a loft area.  The loft is roughly 15-20 feet above a "great room."  The listening would be in the loft with the speakers. Similarly, let's say for instance I worked my television into this setup for good two channel sound in movies.  Would the 5 watts or less be enough, or am I wrong in thinking that would be impacted?  In this setup (streaming/downloaded content, vinyl, television/bluray, etc.) are my options more limited?  This is what I would ultimately like to achieve.  I know some preamps don't include phono, but I have no problem adding one.  

I see some mono options in the 100 watts plus category.  Overkill?  I fear that with the room setup, I would buy top quality equipment, but with the lack of power, it would be lost in the room. 

I have always been a fan of McIntosh amps but worry about them not having some of the modern conveniences.  I do not know this to be true, but was my initial thought.  Has anyone successfully used, from Rogue Audio, an rp-1 or rp-5 with a set of their monoblocks with horn speakers?  I may be back in overkill territory. 

Thank you all for reading the above rambling.  I know there is no "right" answer, but I certainly do appreciate any and every bit of information I can gather.  As I embarrassingly didn't give a ton of information with my initial post, I hope some of the above can shed some light onto my objectives. I look forward to the responses! Thanks!