Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche

Hi Rinpoche, looks like you are a real lover of music instead of an obsessive audiophile... Stay the course... Enjoy the magic of music... And do not fall prey to Upgraditis Furiosa -- an extreme form of Audiophrenia Nervosa, whose perils are discussed in the seminal article linked below...

http://positive-feedback.com/Issue46/audiophrenia.htm

Saluti, Guido

Thanks. I am still on the hunt for interconnects! Anybody know anything about the Audio Quest Wel? or Wild? or Blue Yonder? with DBS?

Guido, That was very funny. Luckily, I don't think I have Audiophrenia Nervose but given that it is all about the music, it is hard to know if I have upgraditis? I mean, what I think happens, at least to me, is that my listening plateaus and I want to go deeper and deeper into the music. I am a professor of Indian philosophy and I use music as a way to open to writing and to meditation. So, it is very important to me. But, the technology is a means not an end. I must keep that in sight. Still, I have to say I do want to keep growing and sometimes that means upgrading and tweaking — just not YET. R
Cables are truly system dependant. I use Wireworld Platinum cables. I have your amp and DAC with the Corus preamp.
I understand. The problem is how do you try out various cables, especially if you are trying to buy used to save some money? I take your recommendations seriously. Thanks, R