Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Come on, guys, I suspect some of you have a bunch of spare cables in the closet. Why don't you send them to the lady for audition? I don't have balanced cables.
If you add tube pre-amp later, the interconnects you get now may not work well, besides you will need another set.
Furutech was not a bad idea but may not be good enough for you, perhaps worth a try, I don't know.
Personally, I don't touch Cardas, Nordost and Audioquest. Their very expensive models could be good in some systems, though.
If the cable manufacturer is serious, even the least expensive cable should be okay in any system. Wire is not just a wire, but first of all it is a wire.
Does Jeff Rowland now use standard XLR pin configuration? I think, I read that in the past that was not the case. Unless I read wrong.
Someone here uses Wireworld cables with Rowlands. There is inexpensive Eclipse balanced cable for sale. This should give the impression of the brand. If you don't like it - throw it away if you don't want to deal with selling. In high end audio one should prepare for some losses, they happen.
Exactly. That's what you want to add to the sound of your system.
I will make last statement regarding cables. Take it with some scepticism.
We, Purist Audio fans, are not idiots and generally have good hearing. Whatever else in our systems we change, one thing almost always remains the same - we keep using Purist Audio cables, though sometimes change the model. Tube equipment, solid state equipment, hybrid equipment - no difference. Digital source, analog source - no difference.
Inna, according to rear panel photos I've seen of the Aeris and the 625 S2 , those models conform to the XLR convention that is standard in the USA, Canada, and many other countries of pin 2 non-inverted and pin 3 inverted (with pin 1 being ground). You are remembering correctly that some of the older JRDG designs did the converse.

Regards,
-- Al