Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Exactly. That's what you want to add to the sound of your system.
I will make last statement regarding cables. Take it with some scepticism.
We, Purist Audio fans, are not idiots and generally have good hearing. Whatever else in our systems we change, one thing almost always remains the same - we keep using Purist Audio cables, though sometimes change the model. Tube equipment, solid state equipment, hybrid equipment - no difference. Digital source, analog source - no difference.
Inna, according to rear panel photos I've seen of the Aeris and the 625 S2 , those models conform to the XLR convention that is standard in the USA, Canada, and many other countries of pin 2 non-inverted and pin 3 inverted (with pin 1 being ground). You are remembering correctly that some of the older JRDG designs did the converse.

Regards,
-- Al

From an experiential point of view, I found Nordost Valhalla II, Shunyata Z-tron and CX, Cardas Clear Beyond, as well as Furutech Evo II and bulk wires to be "goldielockian"... That is, the wires are extended, musical, have significant harmonic exposure, but do not give preferential treatment to any particular section of the audible frequency band. Furthermore, they are all wires that do not easily intermodulate high friquencies... This means that they are not clinical but are immersive instead, and do not easily create yield a jarrying sound in complex treble parts.

G.

customizations  

These are all very good suggestions. I will ask around and keep my eyes open. I do hear good things about the Shunyata Zitron line up. And will also consider Purist. However, there seems to be quite a range of cables in their line? R
P.S. to my post above: Even if pins 2 and 3 were interchanged relative to the usual convention in the Aeris and the 625 S2, it wouldn't matter as the two reversals would result in the correct overall polarity. And that would continue to be true even if a preamp were inserted between them, assuming the preamp's polarity convention is the same at its output as at its input.

Regards,
-- Al