Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche

Hi Rinpoche, I am not familiar with the Blue Yonder.... I am thinking that before you go for the swap, you give the cable an in depth audition.... In general it does take 300 to 500 hours for a new IC to yield its best.

In the end, you will be able to determine quite reliably on your own if the Blue Yonder is worth your Devialet in trade in, or it is not. As usual, trust your ears, and listen to our pronouncements solely with the proverbial "granu salis". Cur verba volant, sed sonus manet.

G.

G.

My suggestion about the proposed trade: Tell the dealer that before deciding you’d like to borrow the $6000 cables so that you can compare them in your own system to a 1 meter pair of Mogami Gold Studio, selling new for less than 2% of that amount. If she were to agree, and you do that, let us know the results.

Opinions will differ among different audiophiles as to the merits of the proposed trade, of course. But personally I’d no sooner trade my Porsche, which I love, for a pair of Nordost Odins :-)

Best,
-- Al

Porsche or Odin system  loom? This would actually be an intriguing proposition "only" if the Odin caused a stunningly transformative improvement in your system’s sound quality. Al, I’m mean genuinely astonishing / sublime effect of which you’ve never experienced. Quite the the hypothetical situation. ☺☺
Charles,