Synergistic Red Fuse ...

I installed a SR RED Quantum fuse in my ARC REF-3 preamp a few days ago, replacing an older high end fuse. Uhh ... for a hundred bucks, this little baby is well worth the cost. There was an immediate improvement upon installation, but now that its broken in (yes, no kidding), its quite remarkable. A tightening of the focus, a more solid image, and most important of all for my tastes, a deeper appreciation for the organic sound of the instruments. Damn! ... cellos sound great! Much improved attack on pianos. More humanistic on vocals. Bowed bass goes down forever. Next move? .... I'm doing the entire system with these fuses. One at a time though just to gauge the improvement in each piece of equipment. The REF-75se comes next. I'll report the results as the progression takes place. Stay tuned ...

Any comments from anyone else who has tried these fuses?
128x128oregonpapa
I was a salesman for a few years early on ( and a half decent one) but a software/systems engineer for the last 30 or so.

So I can swing both ways in that sense.

I find the same basic tenets that made me a decent saleperson also serve me well as an engineer.

The main thing is determine the problem people are trying to solve and provide them a product or solution that solves it.  Sometimes it exists and can be sold, sometimes it has to be built for the first time.

I'm not finding a big problem when it comes to fuses these days so there you go.

I’m definitely more of a meat than sizzle man.

And yes there is a lot of great coffee out there and chances are no two people are likely to agree upon which is the best.

Maxwell House is pretty darn competitive I find these days with some coffees costing 10X as much, if properly brewed.

Saturdays after the gym about 11:00 - 2:00 or so is my time I often get to sit down with a good cup of coffee and really enjoy my music.

Namaste!
zacho
5 posts
07-14-2016 9:54am
Anyone here tried the new Audio Magic Beeswax SHD Fuse? Currently have a SR Black Fuse installed in my DAC and am in the market for another fuse for my integrated amp. Might try the AM Beeswax SHD if there is enough positive feedback.

I had the Audio Magic Super Fuse, which evolved into the Beeswax Fuse as far as I can tell. I used the Super Fuse in my pure tube Class A Woo Audio Headphone amp. It was the bee's knees. Try it, you'll like it.
mapman
13,500 posts
07-14-2016 10:39am
"I was a salesman for a few years early on ( and a half decent one) but a software/systems engineer for the last 30 or so.

So I can swing both ways in that sense."

Maybe so, but you swung and missed on my Best Coffee in the World post. 

Mapman opined,

"And yes there is a lot of great coffee out there and chances are no two people are likely to agree upon which is the best.

Maxwell House is pretty darn competitive I find these days with some coffees costing 10X as much, if properly brewed."

Woooosh! 

Yes I never thought much of Maxwell House in the past.  Has it gotten better or is it just me?
I have a Beeswax fuse in the pre that replaced Audio tuning Supreme with fantastic results. Only trouble it needs a very long burn in.