Jeff Rowlands Amp and Dac vs. VAC amp and DAC

Hello, I am new to this forum but I have a question. I am trying to pair an amp + DAC with my Wilson Sabrinas. I have listened to Jeff Rowlands integrated with the Aeris DAC. And the VAC Sigma integrated with the Aeris DAC. Price is a factor and so is space. Does the 625 need a pre-amp? Any suggestions or thoughts? 
rinpoche
Let's not make this a gender issue, when it is all about preamps. Also, my purchases have been very clear and so have my goals. Not that I need approval here. I need(ed) suggestions and recommendations. Many of which have been very good and I have taken to heart. 

The preamp has always been part of the vision for the overall system. That is not the issue. I have listened to the system (as I wrote) and, to my ears, it sounds complete with a preamp.

Where the individual parts come from is also not an issue that you 'all need to be concerned with, but just so you have it straight the speakers, DAC, and amp are broken in (just not all by me). 

The Devialet has nothing to do with this. Nor does the USB? And yes, HD files on itunes — So, let's move on and maintain the kindness and civility we have maintained for 10 pages. I was just running by an ad for a preamp I noticed. All the best, R
Hi Rinpoche,

What you would want would be a "line stage" preamp.  The Lamm LP2.1 is a "phono stage" preamp, which as Inna indicated would be used in conjunction with a turntable, and would require a separate line stage preamp.

Note that as in the case of most phono stages the LP2.1 does not provide a volume control.  Also, a phono stage would be severely overloaded by the output of a DAC, which is at a much higher voltage level than the output of a phono cartridge.  And it would apply frequency response equalization that is only appropriate for the output of a phono cartridge.

Finally, you would want to choose a preamp providing balanced inputs and outputs, on XLR connectors, as well as unbalanced inputs and outputs on RCA connectors.

Best regards,
-- Al

As you wish, I am a tolerable man.
Rinpoche, I think you should slow down, get that cable that you bought, listen for couple of months and then move on to linestage tube preamplifiers while being prepared to replace all the cables in your system when you choose one. Being prepared doesn't mean that you will have to but you might have to. Inserting tube preamp in the chain is not a straightforward thing. There are issues of electrical compatibility, connectors etc. That's in addition and before musical desirability. And it will not be inexpensive. Some of us spend years to build a system, especially those who don't have tens of thousands of dollars to throw around. And tube preamps have tubes, different tubes give different nuances of sound, it all should be tuned in any particular system. And if you want to save a few hundred dollars and not buy better tubes, forget about tube equipment, it is not for you then. I suggest you stop spending thousands on cables unless and until you must. This time may come when you have chosen your tube preamp. Try to be a good student, all right?