Magnepan .7s' vs Zu Omens

Greetings Friends. I'm getting the fever again. I currently have a pair of Magnepan .7's which I really like with 2 caveats. One is that my studio apt. isn't 100% conducive to the ideal set up for them. The other is my primary listening is electric blues and classic rock (Tull, Zeppelin, etc.) and the Maggies (to me) lack that nth degree of impact that suits that type of music, too "polite" maybe? I've been intrigued by the Zu Omens and have been told they might be a better choice for my listening tastes. I know we are talking apples and oranges, hence I'm reaching out for thoughts and advice. Amp is Wyred A500 (needed the current for the .7's). Source is an Oppo BDP 105.
Thanks!
dan
128x128beernut
gsm, thanks. Wish i could here the Zu's in person. Where I live that's nil. Thanks for the input, ZU seems to have a great reputation.
Beernut, enjoy your sub. I hope you can get a second, it really smooths things out. Those Maggies are fine speakers.
When a pair of Zu Omens or Superfly's come through Agon at a good price, I think you should try them. They really are pretty sweet.
I listen to primarily classic rock and 80's/90's college alternative.  I've been running Klipsch Fortes for the past 18 months, but have always been curious about Zu's and Tekton's.  I was able to pick up some used Omen's 3 weeks ago.

As much as I want to love the Omens - they look better, they take up less space, I've read so many great things, etc. - I believe I have concluded that with my room and my gear, the Fortes are a better, more live-sounding, more impactful speaker.  They just give me more "rock."  Now, I have an Outlaw sub (perhaps not a great sub) that I'm using with the Zu's, but I wouldn't say I've done a perfect job of blending the sub with the Zu's, either placement or levels.  It is definitely true that the Forte's go much lower with more authority.  Maybe if I got the sub set up properly, the Zu's would shine.

I have never heard Magnepans, so I can't opine on them.
hanfrac, I owned Forte's before and loved them. The issue was they needed to be placed close to the rear wall for the passive bass radiator to work properly. Not always practical. Plus, they didn't need a lot of power to shine. Thanks for the input. I have the Maggies integrated with the sub pretty well and am getting the best of both worlds now.