Ice Amp 125ASX2

Are amps with this module comparable to the better class AB amps? The Tripath amps tended to be weak with bass and highs were a bit rolled off...so I guess I'm wondering if the ICE Amps have solved the problems inherent to Class D? Thanks   
seanheis1
seanheis 1,

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with how good the newer class D amps perform.  I think the Ice amp 125asx2 module was intoduced about 5 yrs ago and was considered a much better performer than the original Tripath modules.  These modules had much better bass and the treble was extended to full range.  They were very neutral sounding and never ran more than warm to the touch since they didn't  produce a lot of excess heat llike traditional class A and A/B amps.

Several newer class D modules are now on the market from companies like Abletec and Hypex  that outperform the Ice modules you asked about.  I'm now using a pair of class D monoblocks from D-sonic that utilize the Abletec modules and they are very good.

I can better advise you about class D modules and amps  if you can let me know a few things:

1.  Do you plan to build your own amp or purchase a fully assembled amp using class D modules?

2.  Are you interested in a single stereo amp or a pair of monoblocks?

3.  What speakers would the amp be powering?

4.  How big is your room?

Thanks,
Tim.  
remember how awful the early CD players were??   I'd wait a few few years if I were you.
1. I was just going to buy a module and put it in a pretty box...which is a few hundred dollar project. 
2. Stereo mode should be plenty of power for my application
3. Silverline Prelude plus
4. Room is a good sized master bedroom. 
Thanks 
More to discover