Pros & Cons of Buying an Integrated with Built-in DAC?

I'm currently looking at integrateds. Ideally, I'd like the next one to be my last and I'm wondering whether I need to purchase one with an internal DAC to provide flexibility for computer audio should I be compelled to go that route in the future. Will today's DACs be outmoded 3 years from now? Am I better off waiting to buy a separate DAC until I really need one? I'm confused. Technology is speeding up and my middle aged brain is slowing down! 

stuartk
mesch;

It's sure made me appreciate my Silverline monitors !
I enjoyed my Jolida integrated; it was great for Jazz and other 
types of acoustic music, but the downside was that I ended up
largely limiting my listening choices to those genres. The Wells
lacks the euphonic mids of the Jolida-- it doesn't do the 2nd order 
harmonic 3D thing that you get with tubes-- when I used the word 
"dimensional" I meant each instrument now has more presence/solidity
in the mix and that the soundstage, which was formerly quite "flat", 
has much more depth. But, the Wells is enabling me to enjoy All
the music in my collection. I listened to "Blow by Blow" by J. Beck,
this morning-- just the ordinary remaster-- and it was like hearing it 
for the first time. The usual caveat re: the downside of increased resolution with poorly recorded cds applies, needless to say. 
I realize there's  a lot of hype and I also understand that each person not only hears differently but has a unique conception
of what constitutes "good sound", but I think Jeff Wells' gear deserves 
to be much better known. 
I looked this integrated up. I like the clean looks and simple design. The 'less is more' approach. Now to find a dealer located such that when I travel I might hear one. Currently  I own a Jolida Fusion pre, driving a BEL 1001 MK V.  I went from an integrated amp to separates when I moved into a dedicated room. Not because at my budget separates might be better than an integrated, but for equipment placement/cable length issues. Well also I got a great deal on the BEL.
There is more to DAC performance than what chip is used.  I have the Oppo 105 Universal Player/DAC and the freestanding DAC Mytek Manhatten. Which uses the same chip.  The comparison isn't close; there is so much more detail with the Mytek.  Of course the Mytekhas a much bigger power supply, and doesn't have to divide it 's power to a multiplicity of tasks, like the Oppo.  I will be suspicious of Integrateds with included DACs for that reason.  I would by a separate entry level DAC and a traditional Integrated Amp and then upgrade as needed