Need A great Processor

Have 2 New Parasound Halo amps, 7.1 surround PMC speakers and need a great Processor.How much do I need to spend, and what do you guys recommend? I know we have Anthem Arcam Onkyo Integra Marantz etc. I want it to be able to play music and Home theater.While it would always be nice to not spend 7k, I have heard that there are probs., with the new Onkyo 80.2.Thanks
Pinto72
pinto72
I have an Anthem D2v and I like that fact that they are upgradeable to point where a lot of others aren't. But it depends on your budget. Marantz's AV7005 at 1200.00 is quite a bargain, from what I have seen at the dealers showroom. As far as music I am not thrilled with the Anthem, I use a seperate 2 channel pre-amp with unity gain for all 2 channel listening.
Are you going to be using analogue 5.1/7.1 or HDMI DTS Master audio formats? I have a Parasound HCA 2205AT power amp with an Onkyo Pro SC-885 processor. My analogue 5.1 is played through an Oppo BDP-83SE with spectacular results. Soon to be exchanged for the new Oppo BDP 95 model(much , much better). Video is fed through HDMI.
Lot's of info, I am not really a techee. Also, while I can learn to operate equipment and understand it's parameters, I have a family that will not be as interested if there are too many different routes, separate processors or pre amps. All contained in 1 box is good, still wondering what I need to spend, so as not to be disappointed.I know the new processor from Bryston will be big dollars. Re: cabling,I would think that I will hook up via HDMI 7.1. I know Analogue is good for music.As I only have a 15 yr. old Onkyo, I am guessing that you can hook up your audio for music via analogue. Thanks
Pinto72
I like Anthem, Krell, B&K, Bryston for prepro's. Not sure how Rotels are these days. I used to like them. The Emotiva UMC 1 should have been a giant killer. When it runs right, it is. Sadly, it has a lot of problems. Its really too bad.
I couldnt agree more about Emotiva.....what a shame.
I have the Anthem D2V and its pricey but well worth it if your serious.
If you dont need HDMI it really opens up a world of options used.