Jeff Rowland Corus versus Audio Research Ref 6

Has anyone compared the JR Corus to the Audio Research Ref 6? From a technical perspective, will the Ref 6 work well with the Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amp?
ricred1
Al,
Thanks for the response. I don't have any subs, so that won't be an issue.

Cerrot & ebm,
My system consists of all Rowland components: 625 S2 amp, Corus preamp, and Aeris DAC. I'm just curious about trying a different preamp.

Hi Richard, In olden days I had an ARC Ref 3.... I know I know, it is an older ARC reference preamplifier...

I replaced Ref 3 with the little Rowland Capri original because I found Capri to be much superior in most respects.... And eventually upgraded from Capri to Criterion (same audio circuit of Corus) because it was clearly superior to Capri.

Granted,Ref 6 is probably better than Ref 3, so a comparison with Corus might be interesting.

One other thing you might try with your system is to power both Corus and Aeris through the new Rowland ultra-capacitor PSU DC external power supply . Finally the creature is shipping... I have not tried PSU yet because my system is in storage, but indirect reports on PSU this far have been extremely positive.

Saluti, G.