Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
Is the Old DD gonna grow fangs overnight and suddenly bite us? likewise are they gonna become explosive?
Just kidding guys - couldn't help it
Hi Peter @ PBN,

How's your TT-101 doing. Has it been setup. looking forward to hearing your comments and a picture of the plinth.
I have not had the time to complete the TT-101, its rebuilt but have a counter problem that with the help of JP we might just have solved just last week.

Other than focusing on production of all the other fun Audio Equipment we make I just last week got delivery of my Denon DN308-F broadcast tables  (2 of them) that I'm going to spend some time on too.  Thinking a large Slate plinth 4 - 5" thick on a solid aluminum platform possibly with some Still Point or similar isolation between the two, or a Minus K platform ? with the aluminum stand housing the electronics and possibly one of our PXi phono preamps as well. Suggestions from everyone greatly welcomed, if you were to own a no compromise DD table what would you like to see on it ? 

Ill let you know as soon as I have it (TT101) done - with the counter problem hopefully solved it'll be sooner rather than later.

Good Listening

Peter