Sonos Connect Wyred4Sound Mod Any Good?

Any owners of of the Connect with the mod ever compare to other high end streamers for SQ?
 I have a yggy that is connected to Sonos connect and wonder if it is worthwhile to get the wyred4sound mod done or move on to a another streaming option.  
psickerson
I would without hesitation - significant difference . I run it through the DAC in Aesthetix Romulus CD player

I believe the mod bypasses the internal DAC, so an outboard DAC is necessary.  I also much prefer the standard Connect with an external DAC, such as Peachtree Dac itx or Parasound Zdac.

It is superb. I have my modified Sonos plugged into my Job INTegrated and it sounds amazing. If you stream a lot or don't have any high res files, it's probably the best, easiest solution out there. Add a great DAC to it on a conventional system and enjoy higher quality tunes.
I have the Sonos Connect Ultimo by Magna audio.

The difference is the Ultimo has an upgraded power supply along with a new clock.

It’s very good. I use it with an external DAC.

You have to use it with ethernet and not wi-fi.

And great care has to be taken with the ethernet signal to avoid noise.

I am a hardcore CD playback guy, but streaming Tidal with the Connect Ultimo is winning me over.

Macdude

what DAC are you using? 
I have a yggy and it seems my stock Sonos gets it clock cleaned by the yggy,  but I would like to be able to give the yggy the best opportunity to excel. 
Can you add any advice of me leaving my Sonos as stock or spending ~450.00 to perhaps not really hearing any improvement ?