Recommended Power Amp watts vs Speaker Watt power handling ability

What would happen if I connected a pair of 8 Ohm speakers with recommended 100 - 200 watts (Monitor Audio Gold 300) to a power amp of 250 watts per channel into 8 Ohms (Primare A32)? Is it safe? Would the speakers be blown?
mewsickbuff
Given that you are not over driving your speakers, I would say that you are doing both speakers and amplifier a favor. Amp will last longer and speakers will be under best control. 
mewsickbuff,
you need to read this thread - same question asked by another member & lots of us contributed to the thread....

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/speaker-wattage-question
It's not ok to be underpowered, but great to be overpowered as long as you are not pushing the speakers to their limit... I used to power magnepan mmg, fuse bypassed, with a qsc 1400 at insane night club levels before distortion for 30min... no prob.
@ bombaywalla, Thanks, I checked out the other thread, too. Good info.

Lots of attention was given to high-end distortion. So I understand that distortion sends harsh high signals to the tweeter and can fry it fast. But I listen to music with lots of bass with levels averaging around 30Hz. I get the impression that Ohms can dip to 2 or 1 with deep bass notes.  

I thought watts doubled as Ohms decreased. The Primare does 250 watts @ 8 Ohms but only 400 watts @ 4 Ohms (I didn't see measurements for lesser Ohms). So it seems the "double watts with lesser Ohms" theory can't be applied. Do I need to worry when listening to music at average levels (50 - 66dBA according to my digital sound level meter)? Is my reasoning erroneous?