Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Agreed unsound,

Thiel offers a 10-yr warranty and frequently honors another or 2 nd owner
on its loudspeakers.  This type of commitment really "seals" any deal for me.

Happy Listening!
Jfant;

I went to Chicago to listen to Pass Labs, a while ago,and also listened to a PrimaLuna Integrated with SonusFaber Olympics

The PrimaLuna was very, very smooth and velvety with nasty rock albums that I brought along as reference. 

If integrated is an option, I would highly recommend a look at PL.

i listened with ARC stuff, too
PL was much better to me, CJ like

jeff

Much Thanks! Jeff

the PL and Rogue Audio products are real "sleepers" and can compete w/ the big guys like ARC, CJ...etc.

IMO, Pass Labs is the best solid-state at the present.
Just stumbled on to this discussion.

I have a pair of 2.3s, and my friend 3.6s.  As people have said, good clean power with the ability to effortlessly drive 4 ohm (2 ohm ideally) speakers will make a dramatic difference. When matched well, the Thiels are really special.

We had some success with older Krell amps and almost any age Classe (as others have noted). The Classe's really match well, being able to really grab hold of the lower frequencies, giving tight, articulate, but full bass. Even an older Classe CAP151 integrated was a great match with his 3.6s in a modest size room.

Someone mentioned that NAD doesn't match well. Hmmm... that reminds to try my NAD M2 (digital power dac) with my 2.3s that are in storage because my listening space is a little small at the moment. The NAD M2 completely blew away my Peachtree Nova 125 amp with the bookshelves currently in my system.

Agree, Thiels really perform way beyond their price point. Buying older models in good condition is value beyond belief.
Thanks! for sharing- spenrock

can you tell me and the guys here about the Krell and Classe' amps used by you guys?  Cabling is the most important factor as well. Happy Listening!