Power conditioner help

Hi All,

Posting this here since there is no section devoted to power products. I also posted it in the miscellaneous section. 

If you had a choice between PS Audio P10 power plant and a Transparent Powerisolator Reference, which would you choose and why? Both available at reasonable prices, though P10 is still quite a bit more. I have a pretty high end system with a Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 integrated amp, NuVista CD (the new one), Scoutmaster turntable, SDS/ADS, Herron VTPH2, Wilson Sashas, and all Transparent Ref MM2 cables. System sounds great, but my present Powerbank 8 is quite old now, so I want to upgrade it.

Thanks for your opinions.
arsh
Arsh,

The Bryston plugs into the wall, my amp and media player plug into the Bryston. The Torus/Bryston 20-series is a beast. I use a Kimber PK10 Gold to run from the wall to the Bryston, and the PK10 Palladian power cords from the Bryston to the amp and media player. The Palladian cords are also seriously good, by the way - what they do with the bass is astonishing... and great extension in the high frequencies too. I got them before I got the Bryston so the above configuration is the only way I’ve run the rig. In my opinion the AVR20 lets the system live up to its full potential.

I occasionally demo the system for friends by running straight from the wall for a few tunes and then I’ll connect the AVR20 back in.  It's not uncommon for people to ask if they are listening to the same CD.  The system sounded quite good before the AVR20, but it nonetheless made quite an impact. I went the isolation transformer route because it suited me on several levels: it’s old school, well-understood technology; it’s passive; it’ll put out a prodigious amount of current; and as someone who likes his watts by the pound, it suits me.

I hope this helps, but certainly feel free to ask if you have additional questions.

Cheers,

John
I have only used PS Audio power products ...due to periodic discounts I took advantage of over the past 10 years (I recently bought a factory-new P10 for $2500). I have several PowerPlants from the "Premier" to the P10. They all deliver the goods on both clean power and reserve/buffered power. I'm sure —based on reading reviews over many years— that the Torus/Brystons are at least similar in quality/results.

I have spoken with PS Audio engineers both OTP and in person. Smart company, good products ...and they are happy to answer technical questions. If you are in the Denver area for RMAF ...take an extra day and head to Boulder to visit the numerous audio companies located there. PSAudio, Avalon, Boulder,... it's a gold mine and they are very friendly and helpful.