Integrated for Vandersteen 2ce sigII

A quick question. I'm thinking of purchasing the above said speakers and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about using my Marantz pm8004 or would a different integrated  amp be a better fit. Thanks
wmbode
My daughter was 6 when I owned that amp......ARC sells a tube cage for it, as do most tube amp manufacturers.......you're right tho....the Vandersteens will sound good with SS, but not all SS......you can't just swap the Belles for instance with Denon or Marantz or Sony.....

As far as a dealer being close, the whole "I gotta go audition it first" has sort of gone out the window with the decline in brick and mortars......that's why I suggest purchasing pre-owned, or get a relationship with a few far away dealers that don't mind shipping you a demo........listening to it at some dealer, with speakers that may not be what you end up with is a waste of time in my opinion......and you're basically gonna have a Belles dealer close or you're not.....

I bought my VSI60 without hearing it, as I have many components.....I've ended up selling a few, but only a few.........I do have a relationship with an ARC dealer, and I have a local dealer who carries Rogue, which would be another one to consider......The Cronus Magnum is less expensive than ARC, features a phono section, and has 30W more per channel using the same KT120 tube.....I don't know if it offers a cage or not, but I know for sure the ARC is available with a tube cage....

Like I say, if I was doing it over again, the Vandersteens would not be considered......I feel the Ryan speakers, even the 610 are far more musical overall........and I have heard them with the Rogue Cronus Magnum.....

At 2495 list for the Cronus and 1995 list for the Ryans not including stands, I would probably end up paying around 3400 for both........
remarkably better than a new Belles or VSI/SIG II's and you pick up phono as well as almost double the wpc....
(((remarkably better than a new Belles or VSI/SIG II's and you pick up phono as well as almost double the wpc....)))

Ahh Stewart you are speaking without really hearing the Belles Aria/ Vandersteen experience,
  You really should try and at least hear what you dont know of when you speak.
 JohnnyR
Stewart.....curious, have you listened to the new Belles Aria with any Vandersteen?   Wpc mean very little other than it looks good on the spec sheet.  Belles has the necessary current to drive most speakers.   If the Belles can drive Thiels, it sure the heck can drive Vandys.  I know, I owned the Soloist 1 and will soon buy the Aria.

Open the mind grasshopper...........these are not the Vandersteen of old.
Regards........

Johnny,

I posted the following previously in the thread......when you, a Belles
dealer chimed in on the Aria:
(((((I haven’t heard Belles, but probably great stuff)))))

My post per your reference had nothing to do with the two amps and everything to do with speakers that I owned for 15 years.......that the OP is considering.....

The Ryans obliterate the 2CEIISigs and it’s really not even a close contest...that's my opinion.......whether a Vandy dealer agrees with me or not.......

Stewart both are fine speakers and i am glad you have a dealer friend
 that helps you.

Perhaps since he"s your friend he can pop over and suggest you not place your turntable 5 inches away from a full range speaker.

Please make sure that when you attempt to offer advice its from having genuine experience..