Which Referance 3A Dulcets Be / MM Decapo Be or Episode Be

Hi

looking for a new pair of speakers liking Referance 3A and there design on paper, no cross over in the mid range, 91 DB more options a far as amps never owned tube currenty own Sander amp, my room is 13.800L X 12.800W X 8.00H (feet) so I would class small to med? Back of the room is angled so it not retangle as such and bulk head around ceiling edge.I have read reviews I have looked up on you tube, suprise me how many people have the MM Decapo BE close the re wall in there set up and the look big, I could come out about 3 feet to the face the speaker, I have a option of getting a pair Episode BE would they be to big in room? What other option do I have with in the Referance A or aother brands that would suit my cureent room lay out?

Thanks Kel

kelvinr2004

Hi Grinnell

So for my size room what would work the De Capos i or the Episode Be? what the make of your amp and how loud do you play?

Thanks Kel

I would think the Episodes would be a bit too large for your space. I've heard them before in a similar space and the question then might be,  "Do the Decapos or Dulcets offer satisfactory performance including bass in this size room?" My answer is a solid YES! based on my familiarity with the three, though the Episodes were older models with the murata supertweeter, not the BE.

I currently have a pair of Decapo BE,  in an 18X20 X10 space adjoining an 8X12X10 space and they are quite satisfactory using a 90 watt tube amplifier. These speakers are also superb in nearfield listening. I also have a friend with the Taksims. These are all superb speakers, very natural presentation and easy to drive. Hard to go wrong. Good luck!

Thanks tubegroover
Thought that might of been the case with regards to Episodes been to big for the space, for got to mention Iam running a rel sub currently works really with current set up ,so it will come down to Dulcets or  Decapos.

Post removed 
Hi Kelvinr

I too am using a REL Strata III with the Decapos. I've generally not been a fan of subwoofers but I must say the flexibility and phase adjustments of the REL have  changed my position. They meld beautifully with the Decapos. The Decapos themselves do surprisingly well in all but the last octave. What the sub also does other than add bass is offer a greater sense of ease and depth in the soundfield. I'm quite confident that the Decapos would fit your bill and besides, they DO image a bit better than the Episodes which should be expected being that they are monitors.