Songs that have stood the test of time.

Jackson Browne "These Days"...

Covered by Nico, Gregg Allman and more... it has the staying power, even now!

This has to be one of THE great songs still!

There are many more. What are yours?

astro58go
@bdp24 
Excellent songs: What Becomes... & God Only Knows

I've wondered why no country artist that I know of ever covered Don't Worry Baby. Its an early BB song but an indicator of greatness. 

Maybe its the currency of Glen Campbell but I've recently come to think of "Galveston" as a great song that evokes a place and period. Probably considered sappy or too pop for most.  Jimmy Webb could write a song.  

I rarely remember "Don't Worry Baby" Tom, and I can't figure out why. It was definitely the high point of their set when I saw The Beach Boys at The San Jose Civic in the Summer of '64, my first live concert. When Brian got to and sang the line "and she makes love to me" the girls in the audience went INSANE. The following summer I saw The Beatles at The Cow Palace, and the screaming was throughout the entire performance. The year after that everyone was sitting on the floor smoking jazz cigarettes. Things had changed that rapidly.

And The Beach Boys had been completely written off. That is, until "Good Vibrations" came on the radio. But "Don't Worry Baby"---real good song. I'm gonna listen to it right now! 

Hava Nagila  by unknown, but sang and played by whole bunch of artists and all together too.
Money For Nothing... sang by whole bunch of R&R singers and musicians at a time in famous video.