Looking for SACD player............

I’m replacing my Marantz SA8100. Looking at new Marantz SA8500. Anything else new or used  in that price range I should be looking at? Thanks.
128x128tpreaves
nyame-

Sony will have an authorized repair facility. It used to be located in Laredo TX. Now, I believe it is located in NY state. This would be my 1st consultation.
Infant

Thank you for replying to my post. I spoke to Modwright a few minutes ago. He is of opinion that parts are available. He does  not do repairs but would repair AND modify my unit. 

He promised to confirm parts availability, at which time I will ship the player to him.

It is so very kind of you to reply to my plea for help

Well... I would send my Sony to Modwright... only if... I intended to have him modify my Sony - which is well worthwhile.

I would not send it to him only to replace the laser sled unit.  You can buy one for about $50 on Amazon / eBay.  I bought 2 NOS units from a supplier in Greece - so, I would have plenty of back-ups.  The Sony player is that good.  

As I recall the units on Amazon are cheap clones made in China... and... there is poor customer support (from reading the reviews).  

Sony no longer provides service for that unit in Laredo, TX - that's their "game" to motivate fans to buy new equipment, much as many mfrs do.  

Do some searches on Amazon, eBay, Google to find some replacement units.  

Also - regarding the failure of the laser unit of the Sony - search on YouTube for repairs and maintenance of the laser sled.  It may just need to be cleaned and lubed (with some electrical lube).  Otherwise, try and find a NOS unit on eBay or Amazon, or whatever.  They are simple to repair, maintain, replace.
bassdude.

Thanks for your recommendations. Modwright has agreed to modify my Sony disc player. I am not doing his famous "TRUTH" mod as I do not need the added warmth of tubes.

Modwright told me he does not do repairs only, but he will repair AND modify. We have not gone into the details of the proposed modifications
but I am not prepared to spend more than $1000.

By the way I agree with you that the " The Sony player is that good"
I have provided an ideal environment for my Sony. It sits of a Symposium Acoustics Svelte Plus platform, with Rollerblocks JNR, Audience AU24SE power cord. It is fitted with two Synergistic Research black fuses. I have also prevented the top cover from ringing.