Looking for SACD player............

I’m replacing my Marantz SA8100. Looking at new Marantz SA8500. Anything else new or used  in that price range I should be looking at? Thanks.
128x128tpreaves
JI35             9-22-2016

"Used Marantz SA-14S1 sometimes come up for low price and is excellent"

There is an  excellent review of the Marantz SA-14S1 by Jeff Parks in issue 52 of Positive feedback online. Based on this review, I actually decided to purchase the Marantz for list price ($2500) from Sound Components who is an authorized dealer. They offered a 5 year warranty. However after speaking to Dan Wright, I decided to modify my Sony and save $1500.00

The Marantz is now my PLAN B if the deal with Modwright fails?

What would you consider " a low price"  for a used the Marantz?  How would you describe its sound?

BY THE WAY do you drive an Infinity?. My wife used to drive an Infinity and
if I remember correctly, the model name was JI135

SO to be clear none of you are going with the $1200 Oppo 105, with ESS saber Dacs and audiophile grade outputs with XLR connections and is rated among units that cost thousands more in the latest class A recommendation from Stereophile? OK.     I would buy this over the Marantz anyday.  I have also heard this unit connected (via USB audio input) to a Aurender music server and the results are stunning with the stock Oppo!! 

Matt M                             
I would be interested in what "repairs and mods" you ultimately decide upon and why. Because, I may do the same.

Though, I agree, I'm not sure I would want to do anything to diminish the detail resolution, and clarity of the Sony... if... the tube mod does that.  That's the reason I prefer the Sony to the Marantz - so, I wouldn't want a mod to make it sound more like a Marantz (though the Marantz does sound good).  
nyame, my friend found a new one for $1650 earlier this year...iI drive a Maxima - almost an Infiniti :)