Oppo 95 worth the up grade from Oppo 83 SE?

I run all analog bypass including 2 channel stereo.
I see a lot of Oppo 83 SE's have been up for sale and I'm thinking lot of you people have upgraded to the Oppo 95 so what is the general feedback?
tropicalpests
My friend has an 83SE. When I heard it as a stand alone unit on digital playback in my system it got me on the search to upgrade my digital source. I ended up purchasing a 95. There was no need to do a side by side comparison between the two, from the first time it was played it was quite obvious that the 95 is better, more refined and definitely a better bottom end. The 83SE is more polite by comparison. I had also heard the 95 in two separate systems, quite unfamiliar to me at the time, and this also motivated me when compared to a few other digital sources unfamiliar but older and originally more expensive than the OPPO. Of course a few folks did not concur but it was apparent enough to me to purchase the unit for both its analog out and generally great value considering all the features it offers.

Certified anti-FAN fan, advocate for plug in and play components, lover of no PC near dedicated audio setup. I'm a Dino-phile and OK with it (c:

If you use players (or any component for that matter) with fan(s) in a near field setup it may not be so splendorous. I know some say "never hear the fan". My experience has been different - and yes I've owned several of the latter model Oppo's and plenty of other components with fans, and oy vay don't even get me started about the firmware update tango.
I have the Oppo 95 and 83 SE,dead quiet and there two feet behind me,nudda peep,whirring,nothing.
Pc's that's another matter.
Good Morning folks

I'm curious about the BDP-83SE to BDP 95 comparison as well. I keep wondering if the expenditure of upgrading to the BDP-95 just for the 2 channel section alone is worth it. I have the BDP-83SE pulling double duty for movies and music and have no problems with it picture wise or sound wise for either HT or 2 Channel. It does the job I need it to do with no issues.

Regarding the fan noise in the Oppos. I've never had the fan turn on with my Oppo BDP-83SE. I've had it on for hours and the fan never turned on. If you have the fan turning on then the player may not have adequate ventilation.