Best Capacitors for Crossovers

I am now in the tweaking stage of trying different caps in my crossovers for my DIY homemade 2 way. I presently have and will soon try a 5.6uf 800 vdc +/- 2% Jantzen Audio Silver Z-cap.

I see that Mundorf, V Cap get a lot of accolades, and the Dueland are quite pricey.

Does anyone have a favorite?

I am trying to cross over at about 4500HZ at 6db.

128x128ozzy
@dgarretson Technically, it is only a conflict of interest when you serve two masters. Promoting your own wares over another may be biased, but not a conflict of interest. :)

For instance, if you were being paid by a rag/mag to do "unbiased" research on capacitors, but were also being paid by Clarity, that’s a clear conflict of interest, especially if undisclosed.

Best,

Erik
I have a 3rd order filter for some of the most revealing tweeters in the world on the way, the Mundorf AMTs. I’ll post when I have them in circuit.

They behave practically as if they are massless and are easy to integrate with drivers thanks to a very smooth frequency response and flat impedance above resonance.

Best,

Erik

Eric,

I think I did have to hold the soldering iron for quite a while to get the solder to flow into the spade hole. The spade hole was impossible to crimp down. Later I learned that with a hammer I could bend the spade hole small enough that only a little of solder was needed.

Yep. Sorry my friend. Temperature controlled soldering iron with a large tip FTW!! :)
I should have added, this is the soldering station I use, from Aoyude. Includes various sized tips, which have been a god-send. Cheaper kits don't usually include extra tips. Hakko is the usual standard for soldering stations, but I think Parts Connexion may a knock-off even cheaper. Just make sure you get a variety of tips.

But for your testing, I'd really encourage you to stay away from soldering. :) Screw down terminals will be fine.

Best,

Erik