Music Server format?

I want to acquire a music server. No experience. What format should I use for storing music? WAV, FLAC, AIFF?
Looking at Sony HAP-Z1ES? Any thoughts?
Do I need to convert CD files to different format to copy to computer?
Web site to learn?

Thanks

Awooof
awooof
I second lostebars on using EAC to rip and FLAC as format
Use Exact Audio copy to rip your CDs to individual tracks. Each song will be a track. EAC is free and will make a bit perfect rip. Verify your rip with the Accurip database to make sure it is error free. Rip your CDs to either wav or Flac. I prefer Flac, They are still lossless but take up less space. Also you can use tags. Since Flac is lossless you can always convert back to wav if you wanted. It is important to get things right the first time. 

Can a WAV file from an existing CD be converted to FLAC or is that pointless? Consensus seems to be FLAC is best for PC based music format. I understand that new acquisitions can be FLAC but what about ripping existing CDs?

Thanks a bunch to all the helper that have posted.

Awooof
Sure, conversion is quite easy. FLAC files are smaller, so more files in same disk space.

Best,

Erik

+1 dbPoweramp and it has a file converter feature to convert WAV to FLAC or any other conversion you care to do, works great, super easy and great sounding copies.