Tube dampeners on ARC gear ... FREE TWEAK

Here's a cheap (free) tweak for owners of ARC gear using the black tube dampeners. If you move both dampeners as far up toward the top of the tube as possible without having the top one fall off, taking care that both dampeners are solidly touching each other, you will get better dynamics, bass, mids, highs and a lower noise floor. Try it ... you'll like it.
128x128oregonpapa
Update:

I just learned from Steve at Herbies that the original halos may not tolerate the heat from a 6h30, and "may not hold up in the long run" therefore I will remove them and put the rings back on for now.  He did suggest the rx 9.  
There’s more than one way to skin a cat. Use an external fan like the O 2 Cool (get it?) to cool down the offending tubes. Then you can use the Herbies dampers. I used to have the Bada headphone amp, a great hybrid tube amp that runs real hot. I used the O 2 Cool fan to cool the whole thing down so the tubes were only warm to the touch. No way I'm listening to tubes without Herbies dampers. Period.
I ordered five of Herbies tube dampeners yesterday for the five 6h30's in my pre-amp (ARC REF-3) They should be here this coming Thursday.  Stay tuned.