Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Good to see you- oblgny

Agreed- any repair is only worth keeping the product for the long haul.
It is never a bad idea to have an extra speaker or pair on-hand regarding the older models.  Enjoy the Music.
Rob from Thiel got back to me with a quote of $300.  I have a lead on a NOS driver for the 3.5 for $225 which seemed high at first but now seems like a good deal if it is genuine.

In anticipation of replacing the Thiels I auditioned some Sinus Faber Olympica II's.  They sounded a lot like my Thiels and not enough difference for me to sink $10,000 (new) or $6,800 (used). Into them.  I'm not even sure I liked them more than the Thiels.  I also listened to a friend's Quad 57's with custom woofers.  I have heard these several times over the years and was just refreshing my memory to use them as a reference.  To my surprise I actually prefer my 3.5's that I have paired with a Velodyne DD12 sub-woofer that cost more than I paid for the Thiels.  The woofer setup got rid of a bump in the room/bass response that really cleaned up the midrange.  This may be because I took the bass load off my ARC VT100 amp, or because I got rid of the Thiel equalizer, or because I got rid of the bump.