Selling?

I just had an unsolicited offer to buy my CJ 350. He wanted to drive down from the East Coast and pay cash. No price was mentioned. The next day he ask and I told him $6500. I thought this was quite low but I am getting old and have moved into an apt. He was shocked and said that he had seen many for $4000 and one for $3800. Now I have been in audio since 1960 and have a good idea what things are worth. I did not believe this for a minute. Looking on the net I found only one and it was $8724. So if you don't know yourself check with the bluebook before you sell. I told him to buy one of the cheap ones he talked about. So beware of lowballs.

128x128stanwal
I concur w/ the panel. At $6500, the power amp would have to be re-capped, serviced and brought back to brand new conditions.
Tonykay

Yes, but we are helping him with reality so he may sell an amp he is possibly not using.  That is what we do here, help others with our collective experience and wisdom. 

That is all.  Please open your mind beyond your one thought which is partly true. 
I like to check Audiogon listings for fun and maybe a purchase or three, but when I see someone who has valued their item badly--overvauled--I do chuckle, good luck with that!  I think pricing items correctly helps everyone. Yes, the offer was unsolicited but the buyer probably didn't expect a massive premium over current value. 
tonykay,
you're probably the only one who 'truly' understood the goal of OP, but didn't understand that the same goal of OP will not help him to sell this unit. what prooves is that he didn't check multiple sources and checked only the featured one.

I like to check Audiogon listings for fun and maybe a purchase or three, but when I see someone who has valued their item badly--overvalued--I do chuckle, good luck with that!  

@austinbob , it's even funnier when they put "Priced to Sell" in the header!!!