Class D Technology

So I get the obvious strengths of Class D. Efficiency, power output & running cool which allows for small form factors. I also understand the weaknesses somewhat. 1. Non-linear & lots of distortion that needs to be cleaned up with an output filter. 
So my question is, if it weren't for efficiency & power, would there be any reason to own a Class D amp? Do they beat Class A in any other categories that count for sound quality?  
seanheis1
Listen and decide. My Class D amps are the best I’ve ever had by far. They sound great always with most any speaker and that’s all that matters. Gotta match to right speakers for absolute best results though just like any amp.

Plus they are most efficient. That’s a good thing for amps just as it for speakers. That is really the thing that distinguishes them most especially for use with most any power and current hungry modern speaker that also tend to be smaller and more extended meaning power and current needed for best results. It’s a natural technical match that results in top notch performance in most cases out of a smaller more easily handled package which also means better sound possible for more people.  Of course personal preferences regarding what sounds best really is totally subjective and preferences will vary.
you have to use a low pass filter and some think the attendant problems with that cause SQ issues

you also have a lot more EMF generated

and more...

Class A maps work relly well in the arctic where you can use them to heat your igloo

I have no dog in this fight since I use a Sunfire