Best Recording of Music

What is the best recording of music have you heard on CD, Vinyl? Not Best Music but music that has been recorded for the ultimate in playback and listening. Jazz, classical, pop, rock, etc.

Right now I am listening to the re-mastered box set, Citizen, by Steely Dan and I would have to put that at the top of my list. These guys were genius' in the care they took in how an album was recored imho.
bostonbean
Being a fan of The Beatles, I must say that their turning point in the Rock era, was "Day Tripper".  Recorded way before its time and it is still fresh-sounding in 2016. Incredible!
Well, here goes some... all lps...

Black Dub "S/T" (first pressing)  pretty amazing!
John Denver "Back Home Again" /Speakers Corner
Janis Joplin "I Got Dem Ol' Kozmic Blues Again" / Speakers Corner
Alan Parsons "I Robot" (it always sounds great no matter the pressing)
Chet Atkins/Mark Knopfler "Neck And Neck"/first pressing
Neil Young "Massey Hall 1971"/ Classic Records
Miles Davis  all I own that are Columbia 6 eye!!!
Among the very best I've heard is an LP played for me today by a friend. It is a hard to find LP on the Sound Storage Recording Company label with music by Bondon and Debussy performed by the Carter Chamber Ensemble, SSR 2020. This is one of the most realistic, immediate and natural sounding recordings I've ever heard.

The goal of the Sound Storage Recording Company was the "electro-mechanical DUPLICATION of a musical event; i.e., reproduction which would be indistinguishable from the original event in all respects."  Whew! What an aspiration!! 

They only made a limited number of LPs around 1980. I've heard two of them and have been successful in tracking down and buying one of those two for my own shelves. The results they accomplish through incredible attention to detail in every step of the recording process and LP manufacturing process is amazing.
I can't believe we've gotten this far into a "best sounding" thread without someone mentioning Hugh Masekala's "Hope", especially the 45 RPM double LP  from Analogue Productions. It's a great sounding recording and really good music IMHO.