Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors or Olympica I

I am looking to buy a pair of Sonus Faber monitors to go in my living room, a less than ideal listening space. On the used market the cost of a pair of newer Olympica I are slightly more than the cost of the older Cremona (or Cremona M) Auditors. Right now I have a pair of full-size Liutos that I really like but I think they’re a little too big for the space. My associated equipment is all PS Audio (Memory Player transport, DSD DAC, BHK Preamp, BHK amp).

I am looking for recommendations/insights into the strengths and weaknesses of one vs the other. My understanding is that the Olympica is a different sound from the Cremonas. Some have said that the Cremonas sound a lot like the Guarneri Mementos at half the price. I listen mostly to jazz and vocalists (Sinatra, Bobby Short, Diana Krall, James Taylor, etc.)

Thanks!
ihmeyers
I had the opportunity to audition a pair of SF Cremona Auditors (not the M version though) in my home earlier this year, and the dealer was generous enough to let me have them for a week. I thought they were lifeless and dull compared to the Proacs I already had. Even my wife noticed this and she rarely offers opinions about my system. I heard the Olympica 1s at the dealer (new, they were out of my price range) and of the two they were my clear favorite--livelier by far, with a bigger soundstage and just an all-around more appealing personality. I think they would suit your taste very well.

First let me say that I am a big  Sonus Faber fan. I own the Elipsa SE Red speakers. I had the Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors in my system a few years ago. I think they were the M version but can't say for sure. I was not impressed. 

I have also heard the Olympica 1s at my dealer with electronics very similar to mine. I thought they were very good, especially for their price. The best way is to go hear a pair at a dealer. See if you can take them home for the weekend. If you like them you might even ask if he wants to sell his demo pair. That is what I did.

In general the older Sonus Faber speakers are more romantic sounding while the newer ones are more detailed and modern sounding. 

Thanks much. I really appreciate the insight though I am surprised by the responses. I’ve read a number of posts from people raving about the Cremonas and how the original version might even be better than the M version. Also have heard some compare it to the Mementos. I have a pair of SF Liutos that I really, really like that I bought on A_Gon last year. My reason for inquiring was

a) I think the Liutos (floor-standers) are probably too big for the space they’re in, a living room that’s not configured all that well for audio.

b) Wife isn’t thrilled by the footprint of floor-standers.

As far as a) goes, unfortunately we are renting and most houses aren’t set up for a music room (once had one built for that purpose). Even high end homes (especially in Florida) have weird / open layouts that aren’t conducive to high end audio equipment. When I inquire about it with realtors I get responses like ’you should just get an iPad and an Apple music setup with wireless speakers instead. My husband and I got one and it’s amazing.’ Ahhhh, no.

I like my gear and music so much I just deal. However I do believe monitors would be easier to make sound good in my current space than floor-standers.
Hi
I Listern to a pair on the weekend that a person was selling, at first I thought it was my hearing as I had just driven 3 hrs and feeling a little tiered, but they where allful, sounded like fingers on a chalk board, I stop the audition after about 10 minutes, I had a friend with me he said the same, not sure if it was the set up or the room, I have heard Sonus Faber before and was very impress, I knew the speaker could of been better positioned and the person offered to let me play with them ,I declined, to many issues to contend with, if I could of got them for a price that allowed me to flip them I might of gave them a go in my room. Moral is listern to them first.
Kelvin, are you talking about the Cremona Auditors or the Olympica Is?  I wasn't sure.

Has anyone heard the Lawrence Audio Violin SE?  If not can you recommend a used monitor in the $3k-$5k range (current used price)?

Thanks !