Lampizator Music KOMPUTER or MusicVault or MemoryPlayer64???

Looking for good advice and pros/cons, listening experiences, etc...with any or all of the above computer-based audio ripping/server based platforms.  Important things for me are balanced outputs, clock input, ability to rip both RBCD (CD, XRCD, XRCD2, XRCD24) and SACD (native, not the RBCD layer) and if possible the 2-channel DVD-Audio disc content I have.  Need large in-box as well as network attached storage potential with some form of redundancy (think high-availability/fault-tolerance), use of RAID or some other approach (local cloud).  Thanks in advance for the help!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xzephyr24069
Juan, I may have miss spoke. When I said build, I did not mean me doing the actual building. Endpcnoise did both of mine. I was not criticizing either. It is a well designed and great looking computer and of course they need to make a profit. Just that there are ways to What I don't understand is the dsd part. All computers, with enough memory can hold and distribute dsd files. The trick is to do so with as little effect on the transfer as possible. It is the dac and the balance of a system that makes the music file sound great. A quiet(silent) music server just gets out of the way. I am sure your "Toshiba Laptop" would sound great feeding an excellent audio system. There are other issues with laptops being used as servers. But we get off topic. My question was about the name. What makes it a "DSD Komputer"? Riddle me that.
I'm just say'in ✌️️🖖

Whatthe: All computers with hard drives can store DSD but what this is about is the ability to playback DSD and its additional variants (DSD128 for example) natively versus converting it to PCM...
Good morning, Whatthe,

No offense taken.  I actually shared this link with Lukasz last night and found this response in my email's inbox a few minutes ago:

Hi,thank you for the link. Answering their concern: the PCM playback leaves our microprocessor almost idling at 1% busy mark. Going to DSD playback goes to 40-60%. Going to DSD conversion on the fly - pushes it to 100% all the time. Thats why i7 processor is needed, not Atom or i3 or i5.   this is equivalent of a car driving 200 mph with 8000 revs on the clock.
Łukasz Fikus
Owner at LampizatOr

Other than that, the name DSD Komputer may also be a clever marketing name like Infiniti, Alfa Romeo, Acura, etc.  It's catchy! 

He talks about the Komputer, amongst other things, in an interview I conducted with him at AXPONA 2016:

http://ayllonmedia.com/news/the-tape-rolls-on-a-new-digital-giant-a-candid-interview-with-the-lampizator-himself-lukasz-ficus

This may shed further light on the subject for you.

Have a good one,

Juan 
P.S. -- That prototype of their DSD Komputer shown in the photograph at the end of the interview now sits on a shelf in my listening room!

And just so you know, that Toshiba laptop did sound good in in its own right while sourcing my system.  It's just that the Komputer sounds better!
Juan, thanks for the link. I have read Lukasz thoughts many times. He is the reason I am using Linux. Reading his view got me to research Linux and its advantages. I chose audiophile Linux v3.0. I was going to buy one of his dacs but I moved away from tubes. Not the sound but the energy efficiency, heat, hums and burn outs. Stayed with SS. Emm labs da2. Quite happy. As far as the dsd komputer name, I was being facetious. As far as the design making a huge difference in sound, I too chose the best parts and as it turned out the same case, streacom FC10. 
Zephyr24069, my system will play native DSD. The issue with that, for me, is there is almost no native I wish to listen to. Organ music just not my idea of good listening. Almost all dsd that I do wish to hear is in pcm. In that respect I do not hear a difference, for the better or worse, between formats. But then at 60 my ears may not be as good as yours.
i'm just say'in ✌️️🖖