speakers on pallet

I am wondering if theres a special way you have to load a pallet with speakers to freight...seems facing up or down would be toughest on mechanisms...anybody have a clue whats best way...thanks.
digsmithd
Most definitely ship laying on back if possible, this way if the pallet or crate gets dropped the weight of the motor structure (magnet and pole plates) have little chance of shifting or breaking off.  

Have shipped thousands of speakers this way.

Best of luck

Peter
WOW! No one mentioned the fact that if you're shipping used speakers, most carriers will not cover then by their replacement value! They insure by the pound. I bought a pair of B&W subs from a dealer in Florida. (used) He put them in a big box on a pallet. I wasn't home when the truck arrived. I instructed my son to open the box and do a visual inspection. Was there damage? Yes he said. There are gouge marks and small damaged areas. I should have told him to REFUSE them. He signed the paperwork to indicate the damage. At that point I was screwed. ( partly my fault for not understanding all of the rules from all parties involved). The trucker was willing to pay by weight $23.50. PayPals rules say I can get a refund if I return them on my dime. Not practical as I only paid $600.00 plus $122.00 shipping. The dealer paid $275.00 for the trucking company. In the end, the guy in Florida ate $250.00 extra dollars to make the problem go away. The subs are on a shelf in my basement. Be careful. Joe