Line Magnetic 219ia vs Mc225

I am currently changing things up my system. I am looking to purchase a tube amp and have narrowed down quite a bit. I am unsure however, whether it would be more wise to go with a SET design or a push-pull design. The two amps in particular that I have in mind are either a Line Magnetic 210ia or 219ia SET 845/300B amplifier, or a vintage mc225 push pull amp with 7591 tubes of course. I waved the idea of a primaluna around but am pretty set on the two amps I’ve mentioned.. More will be familiar with the mc225 than will be with the line magnetic, but they get stupendous reviews and feedback, placing them as some of the best out there, next to shindo etc., in the tube amp world. The 225 obviously has its cult following as well, and is renowned and said by many to be maybe the best Mac amp of all time. (doesn’t matter)... anyway..

I am predominantly a record listener, but also listen to some digital and CD. My source pieces consist of a VPI Classic 2 turntable with a Soundsmith Zephyr 2 cartridge, an OPPO 105, and a Marantz 7701 preamp/ phono stage.

I have sold my previous speakers, and will be picking up a pair of 60’s vertical cornwalls this week. 102db obviously means that i do not have to consider wattage as a factor at all. I listen at low to moderate levels generally. Even 2 watts will have the cornwalls blaring. At this point the consideration is quality of wattage and current. The current will be responsible on the power to drive the 15" bass drivers in the cornwalls way more so than the wattage. The line magnetic SET amps will have no issues driving my speakers as they have large quality made transformers and move tons of current.

Here is the thing. I listen to jazz, classical cello and bass arco works, etc etc. I like soft rock as well. I also listen to very aggressive forms of rock. Hardcore, metal, thrash/speed metal, power violence, sludge, crust punk, etc etc. Those familiar, know what i mean. I am unsure on whether to go with a SET amp or PUSH PULL. Will one suit me better, or does it not necessarily matter, and either should do just fine? I know that the mc225 is known for being tubey, however natural, tight low end etc. The 219ia is known for being extremely transparent, refined, with a bold tight low end, beautiful 300B midrange, etc. Read Steve Huff’s review of this amp if you are unfamiliar. He calls it just about the best amp he has ever heard..... However will it does for the heavier stuff i listen to? This music is listened to on LP form more than less, and is recorded well and many are analog recordings.

Any input by those familiar with these two amps OR with push pull/SET amp comparisons in their own setups, please chime it with advice. I do appreciate it!

jkull
" Came across this.. LM219ia with cornwalls. NO you cannot decyfer truly, the sound in this room. For all I know it is recorded on a phone. However with the bit of audible discernance that is realistic with videos like this, it appears, that this sounds quite lovely."

I was reading through this, and some of the other more recent comments, and just want to clarify. No one here is trying to talk you out of anything, or even suggesting that you are going to have a poor sounding system. Some of us are just saying to use caution when selecting gear due to certain issues that you can run into with high efficiency speakers. Nothing more than that. I think you're doing enough things right, that your chance of success is far more likely, than failure. With regards to your amp/speaker selection, I don't see any problems. While I can't guarantee a good match, the LM amp is really designed to be used with the type of speakers you're getting. If I have any concerns at all, it would be with your sources and preamp. But understand, I'm just guessing based on experience. You may have some issues, or everything may work together and sound great. I didn't want my posts to sound too negative and ruin the experience for you. 

In my last post, I brought up the LM importer. I almost never bring up people I know personally in an open discussion like this. But in this case, I think its OK because LM is in a different country where they don't speak English. Its expected that the importer may have to help some customers. If you need help with LM, he's an excellent resource and has an impeccable reputation in the industry. Since most of his business is done B to B, its unlikely that you would be able to get an opinion on his character. That's why I brought it up.
Mb1- not a problem, I understand.  I realize you are trying to help and are advising me in a good way.  Hopefully things work out to satisfaction.  I will be switching up the source material.  I will probably opt for the 219 and use its pre amp for the time being and purchase a separate phono stage.. thank you 
Jkull,
When will you audition the two LM amplifiers?  I've read that the preamplifier section of the 219ia can be considerably improved with better quality 12ax7 tubes.
Charles 
I have a Line Magnetic 518IA 845 integrated and Tyler Acoustics Pro Dynamic PD80's (101 db sensitivity).  From a listening position approximately 8 feet away I've had no noise issues whatsoever, even with the amp plugged directly into a wall outlet.  Honestly, I've had a few solid state amps through the system that have been noisier than the Line Magnetic, although I will say an early version of the Decware Rachel was the quietest tube amp I've encountered.
Charles- it’s a daytrip to NY for me to sample them, so it’s hard to arrange. I may fit it in, but as it looks now, I am likely opting for the flagship 219ia. As we know a good bit of the soul in tube amps is in the transformers, and there is a reason the 219 weighs 115lb... Its got quality ginormous ones. This being a fundamental part in why this 24w/channel amp is said to be able to drive even rather low sensitivity speakers very well. This fact also leaves me with more speaker options in the future IF I felt a need to change. I am told the 219 has a denser mid range while the 805 tubes in the 508 offer a tad more transparency at time. Mids are where it counts most if I am left to chose. This was part of my issue with my outgoing setup. Lack of presence in the mids and an abundance of booming bass.. Also a reason I am going SET. Too much bass with heavy music is awful. It’s like going for a run, and getting stuck in mud. It’s drags everything down. My listening room is 8' ceilings and very dense Brazilian cherry hardwoods. The room holds bass very well. I don't think I could go wrong with either model in the end.  With me?