Power Cable DIY - Please advise

Hi,

Im planning on building a pair of DIY power cables, I have shortlisted a few cables and connectors, please feel free to recommend which one to purchase.

Furutech FP TCS31
Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000
Acrolink ???
NeoTech NEP 3200

connectors... Furutech FI 28/E38 or FI50 gold or rhodium??

Thanks in Advance
narcissus
My experience with Furutech banana plugs was really pretty negative, so I don’t use them for anything. Have not tried their other products.

I would go with Neotech or Cardas for connectors on either end.

Also, use shielded cables. Connect the ground at both ends but ONLY use the wall end for the shield. This will give you maximum noise reduction.
Post removed 
Hi narcissus,

My experience is that choosing the proper metals is more important than the brand. Rhodium is very detailed in the extreme treble but can be hard sounding in the mid treble unless carefully matched to the rest of the system.  I tried Rhodium plugs and receptacles a couple of times and sent them back.  Gold over bronze is my favorite, but YMMV.

Whatever you choose, care should be taken to match the receptacle and the IEC to the male plug metal composition (think of it as in interaction of metal interfaces from wall to component).

Chris at VH Audio is a super guy and could be very helpful to you on this project.

Best to you,
Dave