Do equipment stands have an impact on electronics?

Mechanical grounding or isolation from vibration has been a hot topic as of late.  Many know from experience that footers, stands and other vibration technologies impact things that vibrate a lot like speakers, subs or even listening rooms (my recent experience with an "Energy room").  The question is does it have merit when it comes to electronics and if so why?  Are there plausible explanations for their effect on electronics or suggested measurement paradigms to document such an effect?
agear
I’m not terribly surprised to see Agear welcome Ethan Winer with open arms. Neither one of these isolation denyers - not to mention the two dudes from SS - even knows what vibration isolation is. Birds of a feather flock together.
That can only be described as troll envy....;)
Geoffkait: "I’m not terribly surprised to see Agear welcome Ethan Winer with open arms."

A definite turn for the worse.
Au contraire.  Another voice in the mix.  Its all good....
I use the isoacoustics stands tested in the article. The difference they make in my two rooms on second level with suspended plywood floors are clear and distinct. Anyone can hear it.

Same stands in rooms on foundation level make no difference.

Same results with auralex subdude platforms I use under bottom ported Ohm Walsh speakers.

So like most things effectiveness of products depend on the context used and magnitude of the problem (floors with "give" versus inert rigid floor) which varies greatly It all depends as usual. Measurements or not.