Power Cable DIY - Please advise

Hi,

Im planning on building a pair of DIY power cables, I have shortlisted a few cables and connectors, please feel free to recommend which one to purchase.

Furutech FP TCS31
Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000
Acrolink ???
NeoTech NEP 3200

connectors... Furutech FI 28/E38 or FI50 gold or rhodium??

Thanks in Advance
narcissus
I tried several different brands of power cords. Finally, I realized best solution would be to make DIY PCs. Neotech is a very good choice. I have some Neotech PCs that I assembled myself. The connector side is very tricky on assembling. Neotech 3200 is an old version made ~2004 and some vendors still carries those. They have well articulated bass but somehow being shy on high frequency sides. New version of these PC are NEP-3001,2,3  MkIII which are UP-OCC Copper / Silver  Hybrid. NEP 300X III series are more balanced all over frequencies and are much better than old series.

Just be aware that Break-in period for Neotech cable and components are about >300-350 hours!!! That's what I was told by authorized Neotech representative.

Male/IEC Connectors- Furutech is basically very good. However Neotech PC are better served and sound better by using their own connectors or IeGO 8085 on male and Neotech GOld on IEC! To find the best PC, I tried Fi-11N (Male), FI-15-PLUS Gold and R, Fi-25R or G, Fi-28R or G, IEGO Gold, Silver and R. After testing, I still have some of those connectors in my storage!

BTW, IEGO Power cords are very good and well balanced with excellent sound stage too,  compared to Furutech PCs.

hope that would help ...

cheers.

narcissus,

---About the Fururtech FI-03(G) fused IEC inlet, well it fits my mono blocks, its not rhodium or palladium or platinum or the likes with very high resistance (and awful sound), fairly priced, good quality and does not require soldering.
 ---The SR Black fuses comes as a recent upgrade over Fururtech fuses and after the 120-200h break-in, are OK. Furutech is more hi-fi exciting, SR has more natural flow (There is a thread here about)
 ---The Yarbo is priced 33euro/m, the construction is good enough with flat OFC conductors, copper shield and sounds open, clear, detailed & dynamic. Best of anything that I've had over 25 years. (from VDH, XLO, Kimber Select, PAD dominus,  Essence, Audioquest NRG, Black Sand Ref, and many many more) 
 ---Same for the Iego 8085 as I'm using it extensively (12 pairs schuko/IEC  they replaced Oyaide P004e/C004). The price is not so ugly, but if you compare Yarbo SP-8000PW+Iego 8085 with Yarbo SP-7000PW+Copper Color Cuprum Series EX -126, you may prefer the later, as the first can expose etched qualities if any.
---The OCC is somewhat softer and perhaps less detailed to my ears, pushing further the need for silver somewhere in the chain. This is my impression after having some Neotech wires for hook-up, interconnect & speaker cables, so I haven't done DIY power cords using OCC.

Regards

Just be aware that as a marketing trick, there are some audio/electronic Chinese companies which place simply a small office in Europe but all the design/work is done in China. They pretend to be a German, Italian or Austria company to sound fancy and high quality European company in order to attract customers. One of those brands pretends to use European OCC copper which is non-sense! For audio copper cables, there are two major Japanese companies having appropriate technology to make fine copper cables. Big brands in USA and Japan even like Furutech and Oayide, they commission their orders to those Japanese companies.

Neotech is a good cable power cable especially Hybrid copper/silver version of it.

IeGO is a company based in Taiwan. Their designer used to design cables for Furutech. Their cables are very good but need some tricks to be assembled. Based on my my experience, Male and IEC side need to be of different metal. Best result that I had was to use male IEGO gold with IEC Furutech FI-15Plus or Fi-25 (or 28) gold.
some review:
http://hifi-advice.com/Furutech-IeGO-powerconnectors-review.html

They could be purchased directly at:
http://www.acoustic-fun.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=25_29&osCsid=kelnh6il3ardfed9a4pgt1d0g0

I don't have any affiliation with those companies!!!

hope that would help.
cheers,

@geoch 

Im planning on very similar lines like your setup..

Furutech GTX-D (R) [receptacles]
Furutech FI-03(G) [fused IEC inlet]
 [fuses] ???
Iego 8085 or perhaps 8095 pure silver with rhodium plating [plugs]

As for PC, Iam not very convinced about Yarbo as Michelzay mentioned above, it seems like a Chinese company opened shop in Germany.

@michelzay,

Greetings,
Thank you for your advise, could you please elaborate when you say "The connector side is very tricky on assembling" I assume it's specifically related to the NEP3200? Any idea how much it costs currently?

Have you used the new versions NEP-3001,2,3 MkIII? If yes, could you please give us your views.

I do agree that the IeGO seem like a solid company and their build quality looks very nice indeed, it could well be the "bang for the buck" I'm looking for... Only read good things about them..

Appreciate the heads up on Chinese companies posing as Germans and also the link to purchase iego plugs.