Do equipment stands have an impact on electronics?

Mechanical grounding or isolation from vibration has been a hot topic as of late.  Many know from experience that footers, stands and other vibration technologies impact things that vibrate a lot like speakers, subs or even listening rooms (my recent experience with an "Energy room").  The question is does it have merit when it comes to electronics and if so why?  Are there plausible explanations for their effect on electronics or suggested measurement paradigms to document such an effect?
agear
Atmasphere, I never said (or meant, anyway) that power cords don’t make a difference. Obviously using 22 gauge wire to feed a 1,000 watt amp is inadequate. What I’m always careful to say is that replacing one competent power cord with another is foolish. I’m certain you know you misquoted me. Why do you do this? Are you in the business of selling audio equipment?
Hmm. I can point to a YouTube video (and have in the past) where you contradicted (with vehemence) the first sentence in this paragraph.

The statement above is quite a bit different from your position that you held back when you got banned from the WBF website.

I am not aware of misquoting you; if you are now maintaining that a power cord should be a competent one then I have no beef. On that basis we can then state unequivocally that you think power cords can make a difference. Please do not accuse me of putting words in your mouth as anyone can see that is not the case. You simply maintain that a power cord should be competent (your text above), and that's good enough for me.

I'm not a particular fan of outrageously expensive power cords either. I do feel if a power cord is touted for its merits (or not), then it should be possible to measure the effects of the power cord easily enough (and have easily shown that to be the case). I don't take anything for face value as I have found that if you think about it long enough, its likely that you can find a way to measure the effects of that thing.

Regarding my anonymity, you are mistaken. I make no secret of the fact that I am associated with Atma-Sphere Music Systems; that is why my moniker is atmasphere. . Many of the people on this forum are well aware of that.

Apparently you replaced your Pioneer. What are the self powered speakers you are running now?

Regarding Geoff, I am sure you will find his posts amusing. He also maintains that signal moves through a cable via photons. And says he worked for NASA. I'm sure you'll give him as much credence as I have.
"
We had an interesting incident near Humboldt State University. A new cell tower went up and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cell phone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health. Think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational. The ability of the human brain to convince itself of just about anything is not to be underestimated." --Brian Dunning

That's very funny. The only confounding variable is THC. Humbolt county is a suspicious location for any higher institution of learning....

Placebo effect aside, much of this issue comes down to WHAT to measure and why. A lot of audio inhabits potentially cutting edge physics, etc and so is not alway cut and dry engineering. That being said, why not try to build a body of evidence and at least try to push things forwards in a concrete way? I do not understand all the resistance.

Ethan Winer wrote,

"And as for Geoff’s magical belief in a building moving in six directions when music plays, all I can say is LOL times 100. Actually, if that were true then the listener’s ears would be moving too, thus negating that ridiculous logic."

Ethan, are you really that dense or are you just pretending to be dense? Like the other isolation denyers hereabout you obviously don’t even know what vibration isolation is. It doesn’t matter if your ears are moving, you silly goose. That doesn't even make sense to the guy under the bridge. The damage to the audio signal has already been done by the time it gets to your ears. Look, even if you move your head back and forth as fast as yo can while listening the sound doesn’t change. That’s because your head motion is very small compared to the speed of sound - and can be ignored. Hel-loo! As I said, you have no idea what to measure. You’re just grasping at straws.

😄

atmasphere wrote,

"He also maintains that signal moves through a cable via photons. And says he worked for NASA. I’m sure you’ll give him as much credence as I do."

Uh, all electromagnetic waves are comprised of photons, silly goose. Even radio waves and X rays. Maybe it’s time for you to give some thought to going back for a science refresh. What I said is I worked for NASA. I worked for NASA when you were still wearing bell bottoms and struggling to get your GED. You get a D on science and A on snarkiness.