Setup question

A brief setup question if someone doesn’t mind helping me out. In my family room, I currently have a 5.1 setup with a HK AV receiver, 2 JBL towers and JBL everything else (which will be upgraded to PSB sooner than later). I wanted to add vinyl to my family room setup but my receiver does not have phono in. I bought a nice Rotel turntable and NAD amp that can be used as a pre, power or integrated amp.

My question is, what is the best utilization of this equipment? Should I go turntable > NAD (pre) >HK? Or should I go turntable>NAD (integrated) >speakers and use the speakers for both setups with a switch?

Thank you in advance for your help.
128x128eli_tackla
Post removed 
I agree that dialogue on movies can be lost with high impact movies. Use of a center channel speaker does improve this. A subwoofer does much toward experiencing the 'feel' of action.  One can always use a 5.1 amplifier for a 3.1 system. In your small room you might find that satisfactory. Would allow one to own better L & R speakers for audio. 

That's distortion and smearing.  Diaologue should be crystal clear, a whisper, just that, and totally discernible.  
@mesch yeah-i took the ht receiver out foe now and im running only phono and cd from the nad.  It sounds fantastic.  If i were to use the NAD exclusively, is there a good way to convert optical to rca? I feel like the $20 adapter on amazon is a bad call waiting to happen.