Setup question

A brief setup question if someone doesn’t mind helping me out. In my family room, I currently have a 5.1 setup with a HK AV receiver, 2 JBL towers and JBL everything else (which will be upgraded to PSB sooner than later). I wanted to add vinyl to my family room setup but my receiver does not have phono in. I bought a nice Rotel turntable and NAD amp that can be used as a pre, power or integrated amp.

My question is, what is the best utilization of this equipment? Should I go turntable > NAD (pre) >HK? Or should I go turntable>NAD (integrated) >speakers and use the speakers for both setups with a switch?

Thank you in advance for your help.
128x128eli_tackla
That's distortion and smearing.  Diaologue should be crystal clear, a whisper, just that, and totally discernible.  
@mesch yeah-i took the ht receiver out foe now and im running only phono and cd from the nad.  It sounds fantastic.  If i were to use the NAD exclusively, is there a good way to convert optical to rca? I feel like the $20 adapter on amazon is a bad call waiting to happen. 
@cerrot sorry..wasn't sure what you meant with your response. Which solution would you go with for HT/TV Audio to achieve that.
Great! For TV use get a budget DAC with optical input. What digital outputs are available from the cable box? If it has coax there are many DACs with optical and coax inputs to serve both units. 
@mesch thank you again for the help..and everybody else as well. The cable box actually has optical and rca out so that's not an issue. I'm more concerned with either/both the optical out from the TV for the apps or the optical out from my Xbox for the same reason.