Entry Level Interconnect Reccomendations

Hello all,

I wanted to come here to ask you guys’ advice on some interconnects. This is my system:

Spica TC50 speakers
2x M&K VX-7 II subwoofers
Emotiva XDA-2 digital preamp
Adcom GFA-545 amplifier
Harrison Labs PFMod crossover (soon to be replaced by MiniDSP)

I connect my Emotiva to my crossover via RCA male>male adapter, for the best quality. This means I have only 1 interconnect in my entire system (crossover to the amplifier). I have been using these basic Acoustic Research RCA cables. A friend lent me his Aural Thrills and Tara Labs interconnects and I heard a pretty significant difference when replacing my AR cables with them.

So I now plan to buy my own interconnects, and I wanted to come here for your suggestions. Here are some options I’ve come up with, but feel free to add more:

Cardas Crosslink
Audioquest Diamondback
Audioquest King Cobra (same price as Diamondback right now)
Audioquest Colorado (under $175 right now)
Nordost White Lighting (slightly out of budget, but I can pull it off)
DIY DH Labs Pro Studio
DIY VH Audio Silver Interconnects
Edit: Wireworld Equinox 7

I’d like to keep it under $150USD for 1.0M pair.

Again, if there are any other suitable options, feel free to add them. The above list is just some un-educated guesses I threw out there.

Thanks so much!

128x128ocinn
Just got my Belden 8402's today in 20 foot runs for Beveridges Electrostats and they are lovely! Thank you Jeff Day! As one who has been underwhelmed by many cables these sound like music to my ears.
If you can solder then I would suggest making your own.I have bought a number of budget interconnects in the past and the sound can vary greatly. So depending on what kind of music you listen to,and what your priorities are,I think I can help you. I've made some relatively inexpensive interconnects that sound much better than the ones I bought previously. The most expensive pair I bought were on auction here several years ago.They were Audiometallurgy Ga-0's with the wbt connector upgrade. They sell for about $500 now,but I paid about $175. The cables I make sound considerably better.

I use Furutech FP126g connectors (much better than WBT IMO)that have an upocc copper pin,and copper body,not cheap brass or bronze plated. I also use Neotech Upocc solid core copper encased in teflon. This wire is used in many companies interconnects,including Audioquest,Wireworld,Harmonic Technology,Analysis Plus,to name a few. I also use Jupiter's high purity silver in a cotton or silk casing. These wires are really nice and open sounding,no "tizz"that is characteristic of silver wires encased in teflon or pvc. Anyways,if you can solder,and are willing to spend a Saturday soldering, I can tell you where to get the wires,rca connectors,solder,sleeves etc. I can make suggestions on the guages,and the combination of silver and copper,for different results. I also have some 24 awg,24k gold plated,enameled, occ copper wire that is really open and smooth sounding.

I initially wanted to save money as I could not afford buying really good cables for my whole surround sound system and bluray player,and cd player,and home theater bypass.But I was really shocked by the first cables I made. I've thought about offering a couple here on Audiogon,not so much to make a profit,but to get some satisfaction from the experience I've gained from my diy efforts. I'd love feedback from someone with a high end system who has used cables costing $600 or more,just to see how mine stack up. The cables I make cost under $160 in parts supplies,and take about 8-10 hours depending.