Do equipment stands have an impact on electronics?

Mechanical grounding or isolation from vibration has been a hot topic as of late.  Many know from experience that footers, stands and other vibration technologies impact things that vibrate a lot like speakers, subs or even listening rooms (my recent experience with an "Energy room").  The question is does it have merit when it comes to electronics and if so why?  Are there plausible explanations for their effect on electronics or suggested measurement paradigms to document such an effect?
agear
"For the record, I still use my Pioneer receiver, and it cost all of $150 at Costco".

This from a "consultant" to the audio industry. Need more be said?

Dave
Suspending all cables and power cords above the floor is always a good idea. Suspending them from eye hooks in the ceiling using thread, using a rubber band on one end, will provide very good isolation for the suspended cables and cords. This suspension of cables and cords illustrates the deleterious effect of vibration on the audio signal per se as well as on the electrical power coming into the system. 

By the same token the Enid Lumley cable tunnels of yore provide the same sort of protection against vibration and static fields. I.e. Cables suspended by string inside treated tunnels constructed with long sections of three 2x4s, two sides and a top 2x4 with eye hooks on the underside for suspending the cables.

A skeptic would have to be exceptionally hard headed not to see that vibration is bad for the sound wherever it is found in the audio system, no?

The only good vibration is a dead vibration.

geoff kait
machina dynamica
give me a stiff enough spring and I’ll isolate the world

"For the record, I still use my Pioneer receiver, and it cost all of $150 at Costco".

This from a "consultant" to the audio industry. Need more be said?

Dave
That in and off itself does not mean anything.  I have heard people get good sound from very modest systems.  A lot of audiophiles do not really know what they are doing and thus struggle through the roulette of endless equipment purchases.  
Suspending all cables and power cords above the floor is always a good idea. Suspending them from eye hooks in the ceiling using thread, using a rubber band on one end, will provide very good isolation for the suspended cables and cords. This suspension of cables and cords illustrates the deleterious effect of vibration on the audio signal per se as well as on the electrical power coming into the system.

By the same token the Enid Lumley cable tunnels of yore provide the same sort of protection against vibration and static fields. I.e. Cables suspended by string inside treated tunnels constructed with long sections of three 2x4s, two sides and a top 2x4 with eye hooks on the underside for suspending the cables.

A skeptic would have to be exceptionally hard headed not to see that vibration is bad for the sound wherever it is found in the audio system, no?

The only good vibration is a dead vibration.
Why?  Any evidence to support such claims?  
Agear:

"That in and off itself does not mean anything".

That, in and of itself, says everything.

Dave