Do equipment stands have an impact on electronics?

Mechanical grounding or isolation from vibration has been a hot topic as of late.  Many know from experience that footers, stands and other vibration technologies impact things that vibrate a lot like speakers, subs or even listening rooms (my recent experience with an "Energy room").  The question is does it have merit when it comes to electronics and if so why?  Are there plausible explanations for their effect on electronics or suggested measurement paradigms to document such an effect?
agear
ethan_winer
... At this point I'm hanging around this thread only for its humor value, to see how stupid the comments can get.
So far, Ethan, you're doing a great job. ;|

You are wrong none of what I own or use do I consider Isolated. That word is offensive and just dirt.  Just the opposite everything is direct coupled to the floor so as to remove or reduce shear wave interference. I use the same direct coupled methods with the use of polaration filters to remove interfering energy in my endpins for musical instruments. There are other materials and methods in addition to remove the interfering polarities. One is to disapate the energy into air thru a material that has the same velocity as air. The instruments become easier to play as a result. You can hear the difference and you can see the change in body language and sense of excitement in muscians face. Any instrument that touches the floor can have these improvements.One other thing we dont just hear with our ears we hear with all our body parts as if we are a geophone made of flesh and blood and bone. That is what makes some of us human rather than a robot textbook.Tom
You are wrong none of what I own or use do I consider Isolated. That word is offensive and just dirt. Just the opposite everything is direct coupled to the floor so as to remove or reduce shear wave interference. I use the same direct coupled methods with the use of polaration filters to remove interfering energy in my endpins for musical instruments. There are other materials and methods in addition to remove the interfering polarities. One is to disapate the energy into air thru a material that has the same velocity as air. The instruments become easier to play as a result. You can hear the difference and you can see the change in body language and sense of excitement in muscians face. Any instrument that touches the floor can have these improvements.One other thing we dont just hear with our ears we hear with all our body parts as if we are a geophone made of flesh and blood and bone. That is what makes some of us human rather than a robot textbook.Tom
Tom, you should send Ethan an Endpin for review since he is also a musician:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsavk0FX3Ro
What I would really like to see is a video of Mr. Kaits demonstrating his technology.....
What a totally useless thread full of ad hominem attacks. If the OP actually cares anymore I will add that I concur with Mapman. Apart from turntables, tubes, and speakers, for the most part any mechanical vibration isolation is totally unnecessary with most SS electronics. This can be proven quite simply by gently tapping the chassis and noting that no sound comes out the speaker even with the volume turned up fully. (Of course, don’t try this with a tube amp or with a turntable or with a sledgehammer)
Ayatollah, the thread still has some inherent value despite its schizophrenic meandering and trash talking (which I find highly amusing...). Folk freak’s most recent post and link allude to the fact that vibration can effect digital processing (and not simply interfere with a mechanical element such as a CD drive or TT). Call it a "piezoelectric effect." That is the central gist of the thread, and it remains a valid question.  The sophisticated part revolves around "how" or "what" to measure.  

Ethan, a room spectral sweep is a reasonable approach, but what sensitivity does that have to unveil more subtle juju like jitter?  I concur with Ralph (MN tube hippy that he is) that vinyl (and tape) still sounds better to my ear.  Does a room sweep reveal any differences?  I assume not so there is obviously something more to it.  I was playing digital files the other night.  I then switched over to vinyl, and suddenly, both the dog, one of our cats, and both my kids came into the room.  I still "believe" intuitively that there is something intrinsically jarring to digital file reconstruction.  Another way to address the question of the day is does vibration management improve jitter performance and or musicality?