Quack System Upgrades

Ok, so what's the most ridiculous "SNAKE OIL" upgrade you have come across?

Let the fun begin HAHAHA :) :)

128x128crazyeddy
Funny that this subject comes up from time to time.  Having an advanced engineering degree, many of these tweaks fail the smell test, wreak of alchemy, and cause my internal BS meter to peg and flash wildly.  Many of them seem designed to separate a fool from his money.

That being said, I have often been shocked to find that many of them cause noticeable effects on the sound of my system.  Not always in a positive direction but an irrefutable change in sound.

So, as is so often found in life, you have to try some of them to see if they actually are effective.
"and what about the snake oil around wooden equipment stands?"

I'm not familiar with this one. Can you elaborate? (I'm not trying to start something, I'm curious)

Don

rlawry

Funny that this subject comes up from time to time. Having an advanced engineering degree,

do tell. Which one?

many of these tweaks fail the smell test, wreak of alchemy, and cause my internal BS meter to peg and flash wildly. Many of them seem designed to separate a fool from his money.

do tell. Which ones?

That being said, I have often been shocked to find that many of them cause noticeable effects on the sound of my system. Not always in a positive direction but an irrefutable change in sound.

do tell. Which ones?

@mb1audio02

Your assertion as to Blue Jeans cables wild claims is, by your own admission, something "they told you". I’m sure you would agree that it is conceivable you misunderstood what you were told. Not saying that you did misunderstand, just a possibility.

So, can you point to something written on their website that makes a wild claim? This way there is no (or less) ambiguity involved.

To your claim BJC has no point of reference, much of the data is already in the public domain. For instance, in my view this data sheet certainly does provides a frame of reference. https://www.belden.com/techdatas/english/5T00UP.pdf.

May I see the data sheet of the cables that you claim significantly out performed the 5T00UP ?
I once rode a modified Suzuki Hayabusa. I didn't have to look at the speedo to know that it was way faster than anything I had ridden before.

Dave
More to discover